Friday, October 14, 2011

Quick Recap


We moved from Maine to the central coast of California.

It was a miserable process that separated my husband and I for a few months while he started work in CA and I wrapped up loose ends in Maine. I hated it and gained a whole new level of respect for military spouses. All set with ever doing that again.

We found a house in an amazing neighborhood that I love.

Aidan is living in Maine during the school year and in California during the summer and holidays. Our family is devastated and Aidan is having immense difficulty with this. Please send positive vibes/thoughts/prayers or whatever you are into. We know this isn't permanent, but it's still very painful. And that's all I plan to say about any of that.

Grady loves California and I am so thankful he has made friends, become involved on Karate and started tutoring other kids at school. He was very unsure about our big move. Now, you would have to hogtie him and knock him out to get him back to Maine.

Lennox is getting big and naughty and cuter every day. The word 'no' is his absolute favorite and makes him giggle, which is adorable and messes up my angry mommy act.

We live really, really close to the ocean. There are some hills between our house and the ocean, which I sincerely appreciate. I have an issue with tsunamis, and those hills? Tsunami shields. I call them that, tsunami shields. I try to do it quietly though, in case my husband is listening. I don't need him trying to slip risperdol into my Diet Coke, thank you very much.



I think that's the major stuff. I didn't really know how to cover the major stuff, so it made it hard to start blogging again. Now it's just a slippery slope.

I just wrote this post at my husband's work. He works at a prison. I'd love to take a picture, but I'd probably be shot on site, and I really have to go grocery shopping later so a bullet wound would be very inconvenient. I'm sorry.



No comments: