Sunday, November 6, 2011

I Love.....

....living somewhere that has me thinking "I can't believe I live here" every, single, day. I'm not an Oprah worshipper by any means, but that woman nailed it when she said my town is the happiest place in America. (She has a huge estate about an hour or so from here. Oprah trivia. You're welcome. )

I wasn't feeling great today so Ben an I had a nice, lazy day watching football and napping around the house. Obviously around the house, duh. Like I would be watching football and taking naps at Trader Joe's. Grady was hanging out with Ferdinand and made contact with us twice throughout the day.

After a day of feeling gross and being in the house, we agreed to take a short drive downtown in an attempt to get some fresh air and not become complete recluses.

It was a beautiful, chilly night. I was so excited to see the shops starting to decorate for Christmas. We don't have a mall here, the citizens have shut that down for years and I'm so glad. All of the shops you would normally find in a mall have to lease buildings downtown, intermingled with all kinds of amazing local businesses. It makes for an incredible place to go shopping and many stores that I love and  will probably not open in Maine for another 20 years are down there. It makes me happy just to walk around and window shop.

Anyway, I'm on my way home. November is a month where a lot of bloggers try to post daily about things they are thankful for. I could never imagine being that put together where I remembered to bang out a post everyday but tonight as Ben drives us all home, I am incredibly appreciative of this special place that I get to call"home."

One of the little alleyways that connects two of the busier main streets. It's lined with several amazing shops and restaurants, including a fro-yo place that serves pumpkin frozen yogurt, an Italian restaurant that I want to try so badly I have actually considered leaving my children with a homeless person so I can have a kid-free date, and one of the best candy stores in the universe. And that"s just in an ALLEY. What does your local alleyway have in it? Probably hookers. Or Carrot Top.

*Edited, because blogging while on pain medication caused typos. Now, I can add that I'm grateful for the decision I made to reread this post, which had become quite R-rated.

No comments: